BiodivSourcing works with companies, governments, standard setting organisations and local and international NGOs.
We want to become a key support to your organisation to help you achieve your commitments towards sustainable development and biodiversity use.
Our services include:
- Support on ethical sourcing of biodiversity:
– Natural ingredient supply chain(s) assessment against sustainable practices (second or third party audit of specific supply chain against an internal or international standard);– Support on natural ingredient supply chain(s) development;– Training of communities, suppliers and staff on ethical sourcing based on the participatory approach;– Support in following the CBD objectives including Access and Benefit Sharing practices (ref. Nagoya Protocol implementation);– Support in Monitoring and Evaluation of the sustainable practices.
- Integrate biodiversity management in your management system:
– Mainstreaming your biodiversity sourcing practices (e.g. showing linkages within the different departments of your organisation);– Integrating good practices towards the application of the Nagoya Protocol, supporting the utilisation of tools (such as for example the Ethical BioTrade Standard);– Linking your sourcing practices to your CSR strategy/practices;– Support in developing a Monitoring and Evaluation system to measure your biodiversity strategy and linking it to your Key Performance Indicators.
- Support on implementation of social responsibility following ISO 26000
– Developing CSR strategy following the ISO 26000 guidance;– Supporting in implementing CSR practices.
- Support on Sustainable certification/verification processes (ESR, UTZ, FairTrade, UEBT, 4C Association, Rainforest Alliance – SAN, etc.)
– Supporting in participating in a social and environmental international standard system (certification, verification of supply chains or management system);– Training of staff on these international standard based on the participatory approach.
- Support for implementation of international/local sustainable development projects:
– Monitoring and Evaluation of projects;– Project coordination;– Support in training based on the participatory approach.