The text of the goals and targets for the Sustainable Development Goals can be found at: http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/focussdgs.html
- To raise international awareness about the essential role of biodiversity and its contribution to sustainable development.
- To put strong emphasis on biodiversity at the discussions of Post-2015 Development Agenda and setting of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Find out more here.
During this important event, there will be key meetings and side events such as:
- COP12-MOP1 on the Nagoya Protocol: updates on the ongoing ratification works and tools development;
- Business and Biodiversity Forum: National business and biodiversity initiatives and key partners will meet to discuss how to better engage private sectors in the CBD objectives – Find out more here; Note that the UEBT Executive Director, Rik Kutsch Lojenga will be attending this forum, if you want to know more about UEBT, this would be the time.
- III BioTrade Congress: for the programme click here.
In addition, to highlight the essential role of biodiversity for sustainable development, the CBD Secretariat has chosen to celebrate the International Day for Biological Diversity on 22 May 2015 under the theme of “Biodiversity for Sustainable Development”.
Unfortunately I won’t be participating but will keep you posted with any relevant news…